• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jonbret

jonbret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:58 AM

I actually indicated that Usain's next move was 9.6 sec/100 metres in an earlier statement, followed by 9.56 sec. Today he did 9.58 seconds/100 metres. Now I don't like when Usain try to prove me wrong. He could have been in sync with me and make it either of the two; instead he chose the average of the two. I don't like when Bolt plays around with my mathematical predictions. I will forgive him anyhow. He is from my parish Trelawny in Jamaica, also Veronica Campbell, the 200 metres Olympic Champion. Earlier, I asked "can he do it"? Well he did today. And I may add that we have not had rain in Trelawny for about a week..drought..but about 1 minute after the race was won, the rain came down heavily for about 10 minutes. It's now shining again. CONGRATS USAIN, TYSON AND OUR FORMER 100 METRES CHAMP-ASAFA POWELL. GU DEH. What's next for Usain? Great things like 9.4?? Check back with me when I next look in the olympics crystal ball to be sure. Now i will have to come up with new products to keep up with the times.
What's your take? TO SEE SOME USAIN INSPIRED PRODUCTS: tshirts and more at www.zazzle.com/jonbret  

Attached File(s)

#2 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:26 AM

What an AMAZING run he had today!!! Pushed all the way and smashed the world record! The guy is incredible.
Here are write-ups on it:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/more...r.ap/index.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandfiel...tory?id=4402644

My fave excerpt biggrin.gif

Unlike the Olympics, when he skidded from the blocks, Bolt burst out this time in his yam-colored Pumas, opening a sizable lead on the field after 20 meters.

A couple of snaps of the record-breaking world champ, with his sharp Puma tracks spikes in obvious view:

#3 superpavel

superpavel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2924 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

Well, he did it again!! Usain Bolt captured the Olympic gold in the 100m sprint in an Olympic record time of 9.63 seconds!! He quieted the doubters who were wondering whether he was carrying a slight injury or had lost an edge. Bolt powered through the final 50 meters to pull away from a really strong field (all finalists ran under 10 seconds, except Asafa Powell who pulled up hurt; and several other sprinters ran personal bests!) - but he beat them all.

Next up is the 200m and 4x100...more gold in store for the Puma man??

A couple of nice shots of Bolt crossing the line, and great looks at his Puma spikes of course  :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 rufustelestrat

rufustelestrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

Way to go.. Nice to see he still has the stuff.

R

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (2)